Wednesday, January 30, 2013

3 weeks since my last confession

Realized that when you google my name (yes, I google myself), I get most of the entries I have been blogging - alongside the patent I filed, the Entrepreneur show, my IDC report on the IT Services market, a summary of my novel, and my linkedin profile on being a Knowledge Manager/Tech Writer.

I realize I am a google mutt- no real specialization, all over the place- (really ?!) with this blog and my poetry- and really just a collection of things that normally do not go together. I like it, it is eclectic.

The google images are even more eclectic - one a suit, and the other wearing my turquoise bellydancing outfit-- ah --

So, here I am. It has been about 3 weeks since my last confession.

Not a lot to talk about. Have a friend staying with me- I am doing my best to be a good hostess (pudding snack) but how I do love time alone - I have become so very anti-social. No, I was always anti-social but now I am just old enough and wise enough to let people know so I don't secretly resent them and create uncomfortable emotional atmospheres. Yes, I can do that.

Have been doing healing. Meditation. Still on the paleo-diet, still not eating sugar but rarely a craving for it anymore. I think my skin looks better as a result. I think I am a little thinner. It is good.

Reading about Syria. Trying not to cry. I did cry the other day. Translated something from Arabic (using Google translator because when I try to read Arabic, it usually doesn't make any sense to me until someone reads it for me with the right accents in the right places, Arabic is so complicated, like reading music) ... anyway, translated a status message written in Arabic from my dear friend whom I have not spoken to for almost 2 months now and it said :

If someone gives you a false reason to leave, give them a hundred thank yous for not staying.

Of course, since this was written in Arabic (and he knows how hopeless I am in Arabic), it was probably not directed at me. However, since I have not spoken to him so long and that was the only thing I have seen or heard of him in months, it made me cry all day. Not cry because I am feeling sorry for myself, because I have done that before, but cry because not to cry was an impossible. Just impossible. Incredible. I even re-directed my thoughts and my body was still sad.

Anyway, changing the subject. Not inspired to poetry lately. A certain someone whom I shall not name is pretty much out of my system. Thank God.

Moving on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment