Saturday, December 29, 2012

Okay, so I sent this chain letter thing to 22 of my friends and I was supposed to get my wish today. According to the chain letter, your wish is granted 72 hours after you send the letter. It has been 73 hours and (surprise?) no wish. I even threw in an extra hour before I threw in the towel. Where does that expression come from? Throwing in the towel? I guess it means you are done with something, but I guess it would have to something to do with water-- a bath, a shower, swimming?

I don't feel like googling it. Google and I are not on speaking terms nowadays.

On the topic of these chain letter things (which I usually don't send because I don't live in la la land but god, I wish I did) what is up with all the people of FB who enter numbers or words to see a picture change? I mean, these pictures get tens of thousands of hits. I feel sorry for the people who do it. I feel like their names are being gathered into a database to track stupid humans.

Super grumpy today. Deprived of regular human contact and food. How much longer can this go on? I should sprout wings soon and ascend to heaven.

But even heaven
in all its glory,
still seems to me
a little boring.

Last lines of a poem I wrote a long time ago.

I still think about my friend in Syria. We are also not on speaking terms- no drama- it all ended with "not a bang, but a whimper". I guess that is the only way to end a thing like that, which I so don't want to get into here but have alluded to before. I have written enough about him. He was my muse, I suppose. I don't need a muse anymore, I can a muse myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment