Monday, October 1, 2012

Why are you blogging, Rima ? (Answering my own question w zeal.)

At the risk of alienating most of my audience (all 0 of you), I started this blog for cold hard cash. Yes, you read that right. I don't have a political platform. I don't really care much about the fate of the environment. I don't even really know my history that well and don't ask me to find Slovenia on a map. I don't even like money that much but the truth is, I just really need it.

I couldn't care less if you like me or hate me. I have learned to like myself enough not to care.

So, the deal is that I have to blog for a few months to be paid for my blogging. If I am going to bore you with this blog -- if anyone actually even reads it-- which I doubt-- I may as well not bore you. Yes, I am going to be considerate of my audience but not because you want me to but because it is my nature.

See how lucky you are ?

So I had this harebrained scheme to move to Dubai thinking that the big buildings would shield me from myself. It turns out all they do is shield me from the much-needed wind under the hot blazing sun. A lot has happened since I have moved here-- most of it pleasant in an objective sense-- but very unpleasant in a subjective sense. More to come... I suppose inspiration has to strike me but I can write just as well without any, which you have probably just figured out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment